View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 01:24 PM
anon21816

anon21816

I think I would also put on there a mobile phone!! just in case you get bored with your ipod and want to chat to your loved ones at home.

Mark here in Ireland we also use the gowns like you mentioned. They give us those when we are going to theatre for our operations. Then after all that is over you are then asked if you would like to change into your own attire. Which most people do.

In relation to the medication. On admission to the ward, the admission nurse comes to take all your particulars. And like that she lists down all the medication which you require, when they are taken and how often. If you do bring some in with you, they are taken off you and put in your hospital drawer which only the nurse/doctors have access to eg. your notes, medication etc. Then when the nurse is doing her medication round she will administer those that you are using plus any that the hospital doctors have prescribed post surgery.

Interesting to read about bringing in towels etc. Years ago the hospital always supplied these to the patients. There was no necessity for the patient to bring them with them. But nowadays, I suppose due to cutbacks etc, the patient brings them in themselves. If however, someone forgets their towels, then of course they would give them some to use.
It would make sense to supply the towels as you say due to infections, considering they change the bedclothes every day.

Amazing the difference in different countries isnt it. Also there is a big difference here if you go private or public. I am private as I pay Medical Insurance and the service would be somewhat different to the public hospital, but overall, the same standards apply.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (05-04-2011), Rrae (05-06-2011)