View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I was on Copaxone and then Betaseron before I went on LDN. My Neuro won't prescribe it so I get my scripts from a doctor who will.

The FDA approved DMD's only have something like a 30% chance of possibly preventing some flare ups. Those odds aren't good enough for me. Especially with some of the side effects I was having. And not knowing what it was doing to my liver right now and in the long run. Plus the ridiculous cost associated with them.

There's no magic bullet that will help all of us. And I hate to sound like a cynic.....but there is just too much $$ to be made by the pharmaceutical companies to offer us anything but a slim chance of a drug that might possibly relieve some of our symptoms. I think we all just have to find what works for us personally - whether it's an FDA approved MS drug or a combination of holistic remedies and/or OTC meds. At this point I won't put all my eggs in one basket.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (05-05-2011), Lady (05-04-2011), SallyC (05-04-2011)