View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW1 View Post
...[A] ...that is enough to make me want to wake up the next morning and see what life brings.

... [B] I find the prospect of eternal oblivion scary, though if it is eternal oblivion how I would ever know is beyond me.

...[C] think at least twice about giving up the only thing any of us has ever known - life.

Greg

A. Yes, yes. I slipped back into Depression for a while last year, and during that period, visited New Mexico--as any "high-functioning" depressive should. I was having Dark Thoughts one day (not even close to acting on them), when a friend who races pigeons took us out back to see the pure white males get their afternoon exercise. Their bursting skyward was weirdly inspiring--weird because you're supposed to be inspired by them, and I, rebellious as I am, have a streak of not liking to do anything normal people would do. But there I was, my friend telling me he takes the birds to weddings and funerals (for a fee), and I rejoicing that I had survived to live that day, with the white birds against the bluest sky ever.

B. It's a subset of the Mystery of Living: Do I live alone in The Void? r is there something else present to me? Do I live awake and alive? Or do I stumble toward nothing? These are questions that many avoid by buying Stuff and gaining Status. It's our good fortune to have PD, so, seeing that Status and Stuff can't save us from The Void, we can ponder such questions. It's a matter of which wolf to feed--you've heard the story.

C. Maybe you would remember to give an old pal or two a call to say goodbye.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (05-08-2011), imark3000 (05-06-2011), indigogo (05-05-2011), lindylanka (05-05-2011)