View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Focus on Blessings

A new thread, an old perspective. We have heard this many times before. Look on the bright side. Be Positive. Do your best. Everything will turn out allright. Adages, certainly, cliche's, absolutely. Does this necessarily condemn the basic thought to the back room? Not at all.

Here, in this space, each of us must focus on what we have found and count as a blessing or blessings in our life. Why? Because in acknowledging we have blessings, we can get a leg up on pain. Emotional pain, physical pain, pain that binds.

My physiatrist, a man whom I have grown through his years of treating me to trust, value, and count as one of wisdom shared with me among the resources he counts beside medicinal relief, physical therapy, surgical intervention if absolutely necessary, the state of emotional wellbeing is important to the patient. This because emotional pain will reflect in the active pain centers of the one in treatment, exacerbating/worsening the pain we recognize and feel.

Acknowledge blessings. Take ownership of them in our life. Share where possible with others, and we lift our spirits, and those of the people most important to us. Can we manage a smile? Do it. Say thank you to the caregivers who treat us? Deliver it with meaning. Can we pay our blessings forward to another in need? BE a blessing. Oh, how it will do your heart good.

So, how about I start this ball to roll, and if each of us can return to this thread EVERY day to add a blessing we have known and passed on, then together we can lift spirits. Oh, we each will have and know and share our struggles on the other threads...... but here, we bring the best out of our hearts and share it.

Blessing 1. Spoke with our "little" girl, a young woman who now presses on toward her goals trhough college and those hard studies which may take her through medical school. She is so filled with excitement and joy, I am thrilled for her.

Blessing 2. Helped our second oldest son who now feels inspired to move toward medical school as well, FINALLY recognizing talents he has displayed since so young.

Blessing 3. Drove my blessing my wife of almost, just about, 38 years to a variety of stores to help her accomplish errands, some of which are leading to her arranging of flowers for her sister's upcoming wedding. She is such a gifted artist, and I feel blessed to be able to help her now, spending time with her when once upon a year not too long ago, I was "stuck" in bed with PAIN.

Blessing 4. Had this wonderful conversation with my Little Sister which brought still another inspiration into my life, and through whom alongside God things like this pour out of me.

Blessing 5. Enjoyed a conversation with our Daughter-in-Law knowing full well difficulties are mounting as our grandbaby will not make it in this life, but assuring her that she is so very loved and that we are going to be there to help. She is a blessing in our lives. One who brings to our son the completion he needs in his personality just shy of tthe faith piece he needs to work out.

Blessing 6. Enjoyed a great rehearsal with the worship team and close harmonies this evening after which Cleo and I sat with a friend who has fears of cancer while she fears for her niece who is a brand new Mom and has a large mass yet to be diagnosed. This brings out a new poem for me. Paying it forward. A lot of Love.

There we go, a start. Blessings. Enjoyed. Paid forward. Taking concentration and placing it into the recognition of Blessings. What do you think? Can you bring your Blessings to this thread?

Hope springs forever,
Mark56
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-11-2012), regina777 (05-17-2012), RitaAirozo (06-05-2012), ron h (05-18-2011), Rrae (05-05-2011)