View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 06:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default UVA said they didn't see a reason to repeat the EMG

Hi Glenntaj-

I didn't realize the potential mistake with the EMG until I got back from UVA. They did not agree with the results of the EMG and said they don't trust any EMGs except for ones done there. But they refused to consider another EMG because they felt it was not necessary given what they saw when they examined me. They said they only do tests (like EMG) to confirm what they see on exam and they didn't see anything on exam that would prompt them to order an EMG. They also didn't respond to the suggestion from NIH that I be worked up for autonomic nervous system dysfunction except to ask me if my sweating was abnormal. Looking back, I wish I had pushed this harder, but I always think of things after the fact. They did suggest I get a skin biopsy done even though they said most times small fiber neuropathy is limited to the hands and feet and does not migrate up into the thighs and buttocks like mine has. Is that true?

Should I conclude the the EMG test results are wrong if they documented the wrong leg or could they still be valid?

Thanks,
Sarah
axseptants is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote