View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind123 View Post
I have been working two years now and do relatively well, my main complaint is my vision., constant distortin, sometimes double., I was on prednisone , which never helped my vision and neither has mestinon., they both helped my fatigue and facial droopiness. now on my job i discover my supervisor failed to do quite a bit of data entry for a required field and now wants me to enter back six months of this data., I now I cannot physically do this with my ocular mg., can I refuse , they know I have mg., this was not part of my job
when I started or I never would of accepted the position , knowing I could not do that. I have trouble as it is., and now I have glaucoma in one eye and a cataract in another., can they fire me if I refuse?
From my experience,
sometimes people at work expect you to do what you can't, because they are just not fully aware of your problems, and are overall satisfied with your performance. In a way its a tight rope to walk on, because you want them to concentrate on your abilities and not your disabilities, yet sometimes you have no choice but to stress your disabilities and clarify what you can't (and not only what you can)do. This is not easy, and makes you feel incompetent, but in the long run it is the best thing to do. Refusing to do what you are asked looks as if you don't want to do it, explaining that you can't and why is a better way to go, and much more readily accepted. I do not know if you have an occupational health department there, but it can also be helpful to involve them if possible.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
whirlwind123 (05-06-2011)