Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Cod liver oil for KIDS is about the right dose. 1000IU

For adults it is not enough daily.

And yes, hubby and I have not been ill with colds/flu for 2 yrs now at the higher D doses. Its been very nice!

And today we have pollution which the fish pick up quite a bit and store in the liver. I don't think 50 yrs ago the amount of pollution was as great as today.

The MS sites recommend keeping blood levels at about 100, which is double that of the low end of normal of 50 now.

I think if you want to go that high you should be monitored by the doctor, as rarely hypercalcemia may occur at those higher doses. Periodic blood tests will show if calcium levels are high at very high D intake.

I don't have MS but my doctor wants me at 70! The more D you take the less calcium you need to supplement. That is because the calcium in your food will be better absorbed. People continuing high calcium intake may be the ones who get the hypercalcemia. I've already seen one medical blog recommending no more than 600mg calcium a day when using high Vit D supplements.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (05-05-2011)