View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well .. arrived at the Hospital .. and by golly, did we find it hard to park. The Hallamshire is in the centre of Sheffield and is a teaching hospital attached to the University. The ward I will be on is on N floor so very high up .. great views!! Heh!

Sat around for half an hour before someone called me. Sister took all me health details and details of the meds I am on now .. I'd also brought a list of everything I had taken in the past.

She took blood .. well, she eventually took blood after trying in both arms which wouldn't give out, she managed to get some from my hand. She then arranged an ECG straight away .. and I gave urine, had my blood pressure tested, was weighed ... checked down the throat for general anasthetic .. and then swabbed for MRSA in case I'm a carrier.

And that was it ... It said in the letter that I would have chance to ask questions but they didn't know anything. I guess I'll learn everything on the day of the trial. I'm hoping my husband will be allowed to stay a while (it says in the pamphlet that he can't) because he has questions too!!

All in all a quicker visit than expected .. I was home by 1pm, but I do wish I'd been able to ask questions about how long I would be in and so on .. and by the looks of it, a general anasthetic is going to come in somewhere along the way!
Saffy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (05-05-2011), Rrae (05-05-2011)