View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarcyn View Post
ha ha. It is not out of the question considering so many of us came from the same region in Russia. Gross though!

A Luminsky married a Shrybman and then a Shrybman married a Luminsky. It is only a guess that a brother married a sister and a sister married a brother or it was cousins. It was all in Russia and we are not able to get more information.

One part moved to France. A pregnant cousin was taken away when Germany invaded France.

I do have a cousin who can document his way back to the Mayflower but it is through his mother's side of the family not mine. He was even presented with some sort of document recently.

I come from hearty Russian stock. My grandfather was forced into the army and was a Jewish Cossack. Sadly there was a picture but no one has it. He was very proud of himself and his horse.

I once met a woman who had a release-from-the-army of the civil war. I saw the document signed by President Abraham Lincoln! That was so cool. I remember her showing me pictures of her ancestors who were a very well established family in Santa Barbara, CA. Santa Barbara is one of the prettiest places.

Family history can be so interesting.

@Twink. Do you have any such prestigious connections? I would not be surprised if you are well connected!
That's fascinating stuff! Have you tried www.Ancestry.com or www.FamilySearch.org ? Also, you might consider hiring a professional genealogist. Someone somewhere must have a picture of your grandfather on his horse!

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote