View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Aseptic meningitis is ....

either due to a poorly kept or mixed batch or it was infused too fast!
In my major AM case? IT was a combo of both...and in a hospital yet!
I did my research and had kept my notes and guess who got re-trained? Not me!
I had one major headache of the kind when you move your head you see stars! Worse yet? It was rite before Thanksgiving and I had to make a turkey! Needless to say, it was 'prepared' VERRY SLOWLY!
Felt like I was hitting myself w/every single move.
Read up the 'full prescribing information' of the brand of IVIG you get? Then read and learn about what are safe rates and what are unsafe. Some places just plug you in and chug IT in! IT Cannot be so!
I get A LOT of IVIG compared to some? And I can tolerate getting it into me at certain rates but not any higher than 'X' number! For me it's a 'rate' of 220. And NO FASTER! You do have to learn what and how much you can tolerate and at what rates and over how many days! The IVIG is sort of declaring war on your immune system...essentially outnumbering the mis-programmed internal IG's in you for the better ones.
Can I ask? Did you do any pre-meds? Tylenol or Benedryl? Ask your neuro about these! They can and do help you get thru it w/o too bad of an IVIG 'hangover' [that war in your body?]. Good luck! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote