View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you all so very very much! Your comments truly make me feel a little better.

I myself worry about my liver and also about how my body will react to the DMD years from now. The drug itself creeps me out to the max. And I hate how painful they are, how they make me feel, and what they're doing to my used to be pretty skin.

The neuro was wanting me to do the IVSM drip, but I have already done 2 3-day drips and 1 5-day drip. All worked and helped me get back on my feet but it makes my body go crazy. My face breaks out, I gain a stupid amount of weight, I eat like a trucker, and my moods become so manic that I myself am convinced I need to be locked up, and I deal with that for a month or so.

I would LOVE to drop off of Rebif, but its a fact, I am far too scared.

I have not had a recent MRI. Last one was in 2009 when I was diagnosed. At that time I had at least 12 active lesions, one that was so big it covered the whole top portion of my brain (neuro said he thinks steroids have shrank that spot, so hopefully its not as big). There's also some lesions by my brain stem which makes me wonder if that's what is causing me to stop breathing while sleeping?

Talked to the nurse today who believes I am in another flare. Tried getting me on some form of steroid but I told her I want to try and come out of it naturally. Hopefully I can. The right side of my abdomen from the belly button and wrapping around to the right side of spinal cord is so numb, almost a painful numb, especially when showering. Its truly driving me crazy and it seems to be getting worse. I might have to end up having to do the droid, but I am going to hold off as long as I can.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. You all save my sanity and make me feel normal. Not too many people can do that
AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-05-2011), tkrik (05-06-2011)