Thread: Genetics and MG
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Debra
I will give you a little of my history. I was dx in Aug 2010. I am currently on Mestinon 4x60mg a day plus a 180mg time release at bed time. I also take 150mg of Imuran a day. I have had 2 sets of IVIG treatments. First Ivig did nothing but got a nice bump from second treatment. I am a 70 year old male. All the neuro's I have seen all say I have generalized MG. I have double vision, droopy right eye lid and overall weakness. My first blood work came back neg but the second came back positive for binding.

Family history now. My sister (16 years younger) started having all symptoms except double vision about 5 months ago. She has seen several neuros including Duke and single fiber test at U North Carolina. One of her blood panels came back positive. But the Dr at UNC said she didn't have MG. She took his word for it and hasn't been back. (She is very stubborn) She still has symptoms. I since discovered that someone on this board was tested twice by this same Dr at UNC and twice told her she didn't have MG. Later she was dx'ed by another doctor.

My mother and 2 of her sisters had MG. All were dx'ed late in life like me. Mom and one of her sisters had the droopy necks. Neither could hold their heads up. We are pretty sure our Grandfather (Moms Dad) had it but we can't prove it. All of this said not one doctor has shown any concern about our family history.

I have one son and one daughter and just told them of the symptoms to be alert for. Neither has had the blood tests.
Mike
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stellatum (05-05-2011)