View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wow!

This is AWESOME! Even though many of you have not heard from me in awhile, I still pop in to "catch up" with how everyone is doing. This post couldn't have come at a better time. It has reminded me that even though my world may seem upside down right now, there are still many good things in my life. Sometimes I just need to take a closer look and not take things for granted. The positives could be as simple as appreciating the flowers that are blooming in my backyard. For so long I've lived in fast forward mode......always looking at tomorrow and not appreciating today. So here are a few of my blessings.....

1. An understanding husband that supports me in ways I never thought possible.
2. A son who loves me unconditionally and thinks I hung the moon.
3. All of you who support and accept people you've never even met before.
4. Parents who are always there for me no matter what.
5. An early Mother's Day gift from my son. (A flower that he brought home from school that was planted in a soup can.)

(This last blessing has been the hardest one for me to recognize.)
6. Finally being able to swallow my pride and ask for help......realizing that I can't do and take on everything myself and that it's okay to lean on others....that it's not a sign of weakness.

Thank you so much for starting this thread, Mark. It has helped and inspired me in more ways than you will ever know.

Kim
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (05-06-2011), Mark56 (05-06-2011), Rrae (05-06-2011)