Thread: Cow myelin ?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I did a little research on this. One of the brand names is Sphingolin. It is a mixture of bovine myelin (Basic Myelin Protien from spinal cord) and vitamin c. I wasn't suprised to see several companies marketing this. In the US, it is considered a supplement and therefor not subject to the strict FDA rules as a drug.

My thoughts:
I would think that bovine myelin or the stem cell builder or even the protien may be a very good thing to study. However, in my opinion, I do not think it would do much good to take it orally because I believe our stomach acids will destroy it. I do not think enough would be absorbed into the blood stream to make a significant difference. I think there could be a much better option of spinal injections of this myelin protien to see if it works, it would solve a great stem cell debate if it does work.

However, at $30 a bottle, I think it could be worth a try. I will talk to my neuro before I try it just to get her thoughts. One perk to being me is that I know I have a set of MRIs scheduled at least every 6 months, so this is something I could study on my own.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-06-2011), EddieF (05-08-2011), SallyC (05-06-2011), viseeu (05-06-2011)