View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 08:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Start Physio again and CBT today

Hi all,

So workers Comp finally got moving and approved me to start back to physio. The physio therapy I was going just after my injury and not that last one that was such a nightmare for me!

Workers Comp also finally approved the Psychologist who specializes in chronic pain (CBT). Been waiting on that for about a month and a half now. Psychologist called me yesterday and asked if I could come in today. He said he usually doesn't take clients on Fridays....but it would be 2 and a half weeks then until we could have our first appointment otherwise. I am going to try to go in today....just don't know how bad my pain levels will be after Physio as I haven't had any physio for over a month now and the last time I did,it ended me up in the ER. Psychologist seemed very understanding to that and told me that if I was in too much pain and couldn't make it...that it was okay. He said then he would try to squeeze me in somewhere as he thinks its important we get started right away. I agree. So he booked the appointment and told me just to call after physio to let him know.

Feels like finally things are starting to happen a little again. Gives me a little hope that things will still change for me.

Just wanted to give you all a quick update! A more positive one then my last few posts.... will let you know how both appointments go today!

Take care,
Karen
cndangel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote