View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 09:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Epsom Salt Baths are SAFE

MODERATOR NOTE! Please would everyone reading here be aware that the opinion in the post below is that of the poster and also use ANYTHING you read about anywhere with caution before consulting a qualified healthcare professional, especially if you are already having any treatment for an ailment. It should be noted that the amount of epsom salts suggested as "safe" may not be so, at least not for everyone! and so please be very careful and do not use the safely recommended dose that is generally considered to be much lower.

You simply cannot get enough Epsom salt absorption through your skin in a bath. At least not without some insanely crazy amount. Here is something to compare your bath with.
The Dead Sea. Very high concentrations of Sodium and Magnesium salts. Not a problem for bathers.
More extreme than that is sensory depravation tanks, which I have used myself. The base of the "tub" is less than 4x8 feet and is filled with 8 inches of water and dissolved Epsom Salt. Wanna know how much? 800 POUNDS!!!
I would float (because the salt is so dense) for an hour or more. Besides being perfectly compfortable and warm and dark for an hour when one emerges the epsom salts have penetrated and give your whole musculature a wonderful relaxed feeling.
I still have several hundred pound in the house and when I am feeling tight will put 5 pounds or so in my bath water.

You can trust that you did not get too much.

Last edited by Chemar; 05-06-2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: safety note needed
josephshawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote