View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I actually would have been happy with an iPad 1. The Target down the street from my house had 9 or 10 of them left several weeks ago that were 64gb, wifi only versions for $599. I almost got one of those then, but wasnt seriously looking at the iPad yet, because I was waiting for the wifi version of the Galaxy Tab to come out.

My dad said he got me the iPad because he'd read a few reviews of the wifi Galaxy Tab that didnt impress him as much as the iPad did. The reason I was looking at the Galaxy Tab was because it's nearly the same size as my Kindle, and I think I would have liked the size of it. I'm a little nervous about getting the iPad now because of the size, and I'm not sure about holding one while having fumbly MS fingers. I really need the best iPad protective cover that I can find.

I guess now I have the excitement of waiting for my iPad to ship, and then watching the tracking info and waiting for the iPad to show up at my door, and going shopping for a fancypants cover for it. I want to find the cover before the iPad gets here so the iPad wont end up being naked. I keep my Kindles in fancy protective covers, and think that a cover for the iPad is a must have to protect something like that.

I cant wait to start downloading apps. First one I'm putting on there, if it's not already on there when I turn it on, will be the Kindle app. Not sure I'm going to do much Kindle reading on the iPad tho. I'm not going to abandon my Kindle for the iPad. (I like to read outside during the day sometimes when it's nice. Wont be able to use the iPad for that)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote