View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 01:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile 2 scs

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a forum like this for ages and I'm delighted to find one with like minded people who can relate to the pain, depression and sheer frustrations that go with chronic back pain.
The technician will tweak my back settings in two weeks as she's on holidays, I'm also hoping to go through another pain management clinic before any final decision is made.
At the moment the Medtronic system is working great for my left leg but my back is still pretty horrible. The Dr is considering putting the Navroe system for my right side and I guess that there are no guarantees that it will help for my back. I haven't made my mind up on anything yet so please if you see anyone on here with two SCS's will you pass me their link so I can get some more advice from them.

Thanks again for your replies and no doubt yee will be hearing from me alot!

Chat soon

Sophie

QUOTE=Jackiey;768202]Hi Sophie

Im so glad that you are getting such good relief from the SCS you have had implanted. I too had an implant in August 2010. Like you I have severe pain in my back and down my legs. However, the SCS really only helps my legs. I was told by my Consultant and the SCS more than likely would only help with my legs. I know some posters here do get relief in their back but I dont. Ive had a few different programmes so maybe some more tweaking of the programmes might address that in the future.

There are a couple of posters with 2 SCS. But please get as much information as you can before you get a second one. Does the one already in help with your back at all? because Im wondering if it doesnt will the second one? dont want to put a damper on it but its just a thought

Take care

Jackie [/QUOTE]
Sophie_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (05-06-2011), Rrae (05-06-2011)