View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 07:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Please listen to everyones advise

Hi Army Vet...I cant stress enough for you to listen to the advice posted by all those before me. I too fell, hit my head on a sidewalk...thought it would heal and didn't want to sue - wasn't looking for money...just wanted to get back to my life. Unfortunately, I Was diagnosed with PCS, mTBI and too numerous other things related to the accident. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS I LISTENED TO FRIENDS ADVICE TO SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY before it was too late (BECAUSE THERE ARE STATUTES OF LIMITATIONS INVOLVED).

Finally found one who understands mTBI and he is affiliated with the brain injury association of my state - so he "gets it". My recommendation...check your state BIA(brain injury association) site...there are attorneys there that you can have a free consult with and yes...make sure they're familiar with WC. Their site may also give you recommendations as to places for treatment to help with your issues. Also the neuropsyc is a really good thing to do. It's not because you're nuts - you're not, you're injured...it's needed to help you understand what's been affected and course of treatment suggestions.

I thought my injury would just take a little while for me to heal but I'm now
2 years/4 months into this, and unfortunately with no real end in sight of recovery. I had to close my childcare business that I ran for 25 years and never in my wildest dreams thought this would be my outcome...let alone the 10's of thousands of dollars we've spent looking for the right treatments - and we're not done yet. So before you make the blanket statement ...you're not looking for money - and while your intentions are good to take care of yourself (as were mine)...Reality dictates this and You need to protect yourself & family financially.. Check out all the links Mark in Idaho gave you...his info is good and he's obviously been through all the tough times with his injury.

Good luck to you...and God Bless you for serving! I hope you have a good outcome.
Regards,
Anneteaem
Anneteaem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote