View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 04:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Unfortunately it is not a typo...according to the determination paperwork that was included with the report, "Head contusion with LOC with residual headaches yields a 0% whole person impairment." I'm not sure how it can be determined that I have a permanent impairment, but 0% impairment. I guess that just means the state acknowledges that I was injured and I have symptoms, but I am not going to get any better and I will just have to live with it.

As far as my work situation goes neither my neurologist or the designated doctor had released me when I was threatened, but since I have not been back and work and seem to be "handling" it both doctors now feel being around the positive attitudes of my children will help my recovery. I made the mistake by going back to work and being scared by the threats.

I have tried to find a workers comp attorney in Texas, but that has been difficult since was out on assault leave they would not get paid, and now that I have an impairment rating of 0% there is no way for them to get a settlement of any kind so none of them will take my case.

I have been told to contact an employment attorney, which I have done and I have been told there might be a possibility of a small settlement but I would then never be able to find a job as a teacher again because no one would touch me. Most lawyers don't want to take on school districts to begin with and they don't understand PCS and head injuries.

It is almost as difficult to find doctors who understand what I am dealing with. Last week after sitting in my chiropractor/PT office for over an hour with multiple conversations, TV, PT machines, music, and doors opening and closing I felt like my head was about to explode.

When I was finally moved to a room to try and give me some quiet my doctor accused me of having a panic attic and told me to get help with this since he could not help me with panic attacks. This was the first time this doctor hadn't even asked what was going on and jumped straight to the conclusion of a panic attack.

I understand most people aren't educated in PCS and they don't understand what we are going through or what triggers our symptoms, but to not even ask me as my doctor really upset and frustrated me. It was very concerning that he didn't even seem to want to learn or be educated, but jump straight to the a panic attack diagnosis.

Sorry to have gone off on a rant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
You need to find out about the back to work issue call the Dr and safe for you or not..You could be jeopardizing your health- or even from a legal standpoint if you return to work against the Dr's written restrictions (off work).
as well as contact the Dr about the rating to see if it is a typo or what that is all about.

I thought the teachers unions are supposed to help in some of these situations.
aggieteacher04 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote