Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Sophie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie_ View Post
Hi Guys,

is there something you do to help you cope when your pain is particularly bad, so bad that getting up out of bed that day is enough thanks

Sophie
I curl up in a BALL and pray for SLEEEP ! !

Geeze I'm so sorry you are having such a pain flare.

On days like this, I know that I'd burn thru all my breakthru meds, which would leave me with no 'ammunition' for the NEXT flare not to mention taking my liver and kidneys for a ride. And....I'm pretty suscepticle to depression and a day like this would sometimes open a door to some pretty 'dark' thoughts.

I sure wish I had something better to say other than - we sure know what this is like. And that - this place is the greatest place to be to vent or blow off steam.....we usually have to talk each other thru it. It does help

Hey, I wanted to ask you - is this pain the same type of pain you had PRE-scs?
When I have a day like this, it's a whole 'different' kind of pain....
which makes me wonder if the scs is somehow to blame....is it possibly aggravating the nerves?

Wearing tight clothing can spark a flare. Mrs D pointed this out to us over on the Peripheral Neuropathy forum....and sure enuf I realized that my lower back and hips were burning on a scale of 9 - why? Because I had been wearing my lumbar support belt too tight!

Anyway, as Mark and Jenna have shared, my heart goes out to you...
oh, and I wonder if Jen is talking about the Lidoderm patches?

..........Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (05-08-2011)