View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Sophie!

Reading your post on Nan's thread gave me the history which I lacked in addressing your situation. Now I know as you said above in this thread your surgery was same time as Jenna's [brave Glove trotting soul that she is] late 2010 and that you have returned to work, only to have this spasming flare of pain crippling you despite the apparent proper and beneficial working of your Stim.

It was the spasms that nearly drove me to madness prior to my first discectomy/laminectomy/fusion in the lumbar spine. I was SCREAMING at the top of my lungs into a pillow held to my face so as to stifle the screams. Unfortunately my family had to witness that profile until my lower body began to shut off in the classic cauda equina symptoms which caught my neurosurgeon's attention. Emergency surgery saved me and also brought an end to the sever spasms. Over the course of years spasms have continued to quiet to the point I now do not notice them.

That which gets me down now is the burn through BURNING nerve pain which overwhelms my STIM. I have learned I can tolerate running my Stim signal up and up until it transcends the effects of parasthesia to the point of inducing paralysis. Then, all I truly notice is the Stim signal itself, although the inhibiting side effect is that movement is wholly impossible from the waist down. My doc urges caution in the use of the Stim at such strength since papers have not been written to document long term effects. I do use it this way only sparingly. I do not know whether there would be any effect upon spasm.

I wish I knew what more to suggest regarding your spasms, but I do not know. Reading that your doc now considers a second Stim to bring possbile benefit to you. I hope and pray your doc's care ultimately helps you gain rescue from the spasms, as I know what pain lies within them, oh how I know it.

Prayin for you my friend,
Mark56zz
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (05-09-2011)