View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Absolutely it can be a death sentence to admit you have a neurological disease. As soon as my employer found out just how serious my illness was they called and terminated me. I became ill with this damnable disease in Feb 2009 but did not receive a diagnosis until June of that same year. I was quickly whisked into surgery to place a SCS in which was unfortunately not successful for me and had a stroke 2 weeks post op. I had just started my rehab for the stroke when my employer called me at home, on my birthday and fired me. They told me that my FLMA had just ended and I no longer had anything to protect me and they did not keep sick employees on the payroll. How nice was that??? lol.....the ironic thing was that I happened to be the state wide quality improvement director for cardiovascular care working with all of the hospitals in my state....I WAS Ms Stroke...I did all of the state clinical training yet I get fired when I personally have neurological issues that needed attention. We truly live in a sad and sick society now. I lost everything that I owned as a result of their actions. I was homeless for almost 5 months when I was at my very sickest.
katcam831 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NerPain4 (11-20-2012)