Thread: overwhelmed.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 08:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It is very hard since each doctor has their own method of treatment and rationale behind it. My PM doctor chooses injections in a series of 6 and here is why it is so aggressive:
"If we do 1 injection and wait 3 weeks to see if there are any long term positive effects, the nerves have had time to get angry again. So I do the injections closer together so the nerves do not have time to get angry and flared up again with more chance of longer relief."
I have to say from my own experience with the injections it is hard to tell right after each one what I felt, but as time passed I definitely noticed the burning, raging fire was no where near as intense. My series went as follows week one and two, 2 injections each week, week three and four, one injection each week. By week four is when I noticed the improvement. I was amazed. I was terrified to have them done from the beginning, but did them anyways. I did have PT after the injections along with my medications regularly. I have not had any injections since the end of April and I am starting to feel the burn get a bit more intense again....so I will monitor the level and talk to my PM Dr. because I still do not want the injections unless I have to have them. As I was going through them I though OMG, these injections are on top of each other, but...it helped.

Again every Dr. is different and has their own method of treatment, so it is hard to say what is right, wrong, good, bad etc. Plus, we all respond differently to everything and our pain is different etc.

I wish you luck!

Live, Laugh, Love~
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote