View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
DS who promised to show up at MILs house never made it. no call, no show. no card (unless you count a FB greeting of happy mothers day) and then no word from him. Started to feel bad that everyone else at least gets a call from their kid today! then I talked myself out of that. He is young, newly single, just broken away from a very bad relationship and is sowing his oats, and doesnt need MD slowing him down. He loves me everyday and its unrealistic to have him take his ONLY day off to run across 2 states to sit with me. BAH! hallmark needs to be shot!

Dej, I agree with you. My boys do things for me every day. Every day! Oldest DS calls me every day just to check up and make sure I'm okay and not in need of anything. It's too bad that this commercial man-made "day" has to be presented in such a way that it makes everything seem inadequate. If Sunday was my son's only day off from work I would not want him to use it just to visit me because some commercial company said he had to. I'd rather get the other 364 days of "him" and know that he enjoyed his day off. That's a good Mother's Day gift. There's too much guilt being generated out there.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (05-09-2011), Dejibo (05-09-2011), DizzyLizzy (05-09-2011), SallyC (05-09-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (05-09-2011)