View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 08:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi

I quickly skipped over from the RSD Forum. I have full body RSD and very limited use of my arms.

I found that Dragon is quite successful as long as I'm willing to correct mistakes as I go along. The biggest issue I have with it is that as my voice is a gravelly it can find my voice hard to understand when I'm tired and in an awful lot of pain. In general it works really well for Uni work and for MSN or e-mail. It's also really useful not having to use a mouse and being able to search the Internet without using my arms.

I also use Dragon nine as well as a folding Plantronics headset. The headset is totally worth it as it definitely improves speech recognition and is generally just a better quality piece of equipment.

The two easiest ways to train appear to be letting Dragon read through your own files or reading lots of books through Dragon to make it dictate. There is a really good tutorial on the programme which could help explain how to edit text or cut and paste etc.

Good luck!!

FRxxx