View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 10:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katcam831 View Post
From my personal experience I can tell you that it seems to give me some relief. I am on oral Ketamine for my RSD pain but I do still have some break thru pain mainly in the evening. This is when I will use the weed. I have morphine to help with this pain but have found it to do little good for me. I do find that the weed really relaxes me....to the point of making me sleep. Needless to say, it must help my pain if it helps me to sleep. On a negative note, here in VA we are not a State/Commonwealth that has a legal medical marijuana law on the books so I am unable to do this legally.
Virginia---http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?101+sum+HB1136
"SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:
Scope of prescription for marijuana for medical purposes. Provides that no person shall be prosecuted for the possession of marijuana or tetrahydrocannabinol when that possession occurs pursuant to a valid prescription issued by a medical doctor in the course of his professional practice. The bill also provides that no medical doctor or pharmacist shall be prosecuted for dispensing or distributing marijuana or tetrahydrocannabinol for medical purposes when such action occurs in the course of his professional practice. Currently medical marijuana can only be prescribed for cancer and glaucoma."

I'm also a virginia residence. Dig a little deeper to see if it truly only applies to cancer and glaucoma patients.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote