View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
That is neat. What do you do with them? Place in salads? I am not sure how ezekiel bread products are made but they are sprouted wheat. I eat there products a lot.
I eat my sprouts on my breakfast sandwich. I bring a little tub of sprouts and I dump them on my breakfast sandwich (I meet up with friends every morning at our local breakfast cafe). They are so used to me bringing my sprouts, no one even looks anymore. At first, it was all ooooohhh and aaahhhh, what are those?

But most people would rather dig into bacon and eggs, pancakes with bacon and syrup and home fries, than they WOULD EVER DECIDE THAT SPROUTING IS HEALTHY FOR THEM.

It's very hard to change one's eating habits after all the years of eating a certain way. But for me it saved my life and my sanity and my blood pressure and everything else.

Daniella, look up benefits of sprouting. See if you might like to do it. It's cheap, and it's fun. And I do EVERYTHING with these things.

I even grow my own bean sprouts. The things you can do with them is amazing.

And because they are all grown on my kitchen shelf with no preservatives, no pesticides no nothing, and because they are a LIVE food, well they contain enzymes that go into the gut, help with the immune system, and are just plain good and good for you.

Try and find the video of my sprout tuna salad. The colors alone will amaze you. I buy Wild Planet tuna which has the lowest mercury of any canned tuna.

Fabulous and full of protein.

But then again, I'm a big salad person. I don't imagine if a person has never liked eating salads that they are going to go "Aha, I am not going to sprout".

Not gonna happen.

We have to change our brain, one step at a time.

I will share one thing with you.

Because we are having a difficult time with our son and when one has to deal with situations which one has no control over, whenever I am stressed, I walk over to my sprout shelf with all my trays of green broccoli sprouts and green radish sprouts, and green EVERYTHING, and I look at them growing high towards the sun light gently streaming through my window (I also use a lamp for greening them up), but when I just walk over to my sprout shelves, I look at my sprouts and I imagine them going into my body and going into my cells and keeping me ALIVE, and nothing beats that feeling.

When you have anxiety and no meds work, and you really want to FEEL GOOD, you have to get everything working in your body. The body is really an amazing production factory, because food goes in, your body absorbs it, your digestive process functions and all toxins come out the other end.

So if one has a working, functioning digestive system, when one puts GOOD things in the body, the body will absorb what it needs to absorb, and the body can then maintain optimum health.

Now that doesn't happen with everybody because of auto immune stuff and other stuff going on.

But when one doesn't smoke, doesn't drink to excess, doesn't put fake food into one's body, doesn't put any artificial sweetners, etc.etc, well, in MY case, my body said

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I mean, I used to be a 300 lb woman who got around with a cane.

I am now a sprouter.

And look up the benefits of broccoli sprouts on youtube. That alone will make you start eating broccoli sprouts.

But when you sprout them yourself, you save a lot of money and you have a hobby that sustains your body AS WELL AS YOUR SOUL.

But this would apply to any hobby. Anything that gives you joy in life, you have to go and find it. For me, that was sprouting.

We all have to find our joy.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote