View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 05:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Vanessa

Yes i have female issues...but i dont want to be pregnant...here is my story...

I had gallbladder surgery at age 42 and that instantly began my RSD.
then 2 years later i had another surgery where they cut me hip to hip to remove all the swollen tissue on my abdomen in hopes i would get better. w didnt know at that time that i had RSD yet.

After the second surgery age 44 my whole body went crazy. My period stopped instantly never to return. I went to my GYN several times because she was worried that one day i would hemorrhage. the doctor ran all the tests and she said you arent in menopause...she gave me the shots to make my period start and it never would. Im 48 now and its never come back since it stopped. other things that happened, i got high blood pressure, became diabetic, have diarrhea every day. sleep apnea, high cholesterol.
all of those things happened within 2 weks of the surgery, so i just thought i would share my whole picture. now 4 years later all the swelling came back with vengeance...85lbs...and im miserable and dont know what to do. so far the doctors say there isnt anything to take the swelling off. im looking for yet again, another new doctor.
blessings
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanessaNicole View Post
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has has issues getting pregnant after being diagnosed with RSD? I have had RSD for almost 4 years now. Before the surgery that caused it, I had a normal mentrual cycle. Afterwards My cycles started to become irregular. I would go for months without it then get it for a month straight. Then it would just be sparatic, here and there. Then this past year it has been horrible. I had it for 6 months straight and finally went on birth control to stop it. I am a smoker and blood clot issues run in my family and I always had stayed away from birth control pills. I have stopped taking them but as soon as I did it started up again. My gyno thinks I am having anovulatory cycles. My body is not ovulating at all. She said it is something in the brain sending wrong signals. The exact thing that is happening with RSD. I am just wondering if anyone is having similar issues? My pain doc has not heard of anyother person having this issue. So he is not sure whether or not it is caused by the RSD. I am not currently trying to have a child. I know my husband wants one one day and I am worried I wont be able to now. Im just hoping someone has info that can help me.