View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 11:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Room mates?

In actuality maybe you're onto something there. I have had the feeling that we are constantly around each other, I mean all day. She does not work, is on SSDI and I am disabled so we are always at home. That is not good for any relationship. Tonight when we talked a little she was telling me how mean I was towards her in the past. I am bipolar/mood disorder and have been on meds/psych for 2 1/2 yrs now. I told her I cannot change the past. She stated why couldn't I get along with her better before I got PD. Then we could have had some nice time! Shhh, that's a slap in the face! As far as is she worth it? Truthfully the dynamics of our relationship is not ever going to change. It's been too long. She told me tonight that since I was always mad at her for one thing or another in the past she now feels I am mad at her now. Although I am not, I am not ill tempered with her. In fact I don't even feel that I could reach that angered point now that I have meds. It is now her self perception that I am angry or disappointed with her. She becomes self conscious, depressed and there ya go for 3-4 days of laying in bed. So I don't think it's as much me as it is her self talk. She told me tonight to go on without her, that maybe I can salvage something of my life. I think that when my older daughter moves out in 2 months that my wife will take that bedroom-heck we just added a new bathroom to it-the room is 12x15 and the bath is 10x9! Perhaps I will just let things cool down for now and we'll see how that works. Can't be any worse. Maybe even have a few "benefits". By the way it's been 9 days.
Jim091866 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote