View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 06:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,
I'm 29 years old and have CRPS in my lower limbs (from hips to toes). I also would like to have a baby and am hoping to start trying to concieve in September of this year.
Post CRPS my cycle did change. My cycle is now a 5 week cycle vs the normal 4 weeks. I have experienced my cycle skipping a month but this has only happened once.
I have tried to find research on bearing children with CRPS but have not found a lot of information on the subject so I was happy to hear that you are also trying.
I have tried every treatment under the sun to get off medications but nothing lasted so it appears that I will be trying to concieve while on medications. I worry about the baby being exposed to my medication regime. How far into the process are you? Are you also taking medications while trying to conceive?
I have briefly discussed this with my old doctor but recently changed physicians a month ago so I hope he to will be willing to help me through the whole process.
My husband is 32 and he also really wants a child so I'm hoping that I will be able to fulfill his dreams. I looked into adoption but found it to be extremely expensive and a really long process so Im going to try to conceive and then if that doesn't work I will pursue adoption or a seragacy arrangement. Thank you for your post and if any of my questions are to personal or make you feel uncomfortable then I apologize in advance.
Sarah
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote