View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

welcome to NT,

well, you've heard a lot from the best and most knowledgeable folks here.
don't let your drs railroad into a box with a dx such as fibromyalgia, or hormones or depression. not that yours have but to me that's not a dr that's looking for an answer to your problem.

while some have had a long and difficult road to dx i was dx in 2 mos and at 53 yrs old. i developed a worsening gait problem. i had an abnormal neuro exam. my dr found lesions in my CNS; brain and spinal cord. it was at that point that i was dx'd. after that i had a spinal tab and was + for O bands. you can be dx'd without an LP.

i would suggest from now on that you collect copies of the dr's dictations and of all your mri and test results. for 1 thing you may learn something, for another you may find a mistake. and then, if you end up seeing other drs they will want copies of these things. if you get the info along the way it will be free. if you get it in 1 fell swoop you'll be charged.

please let us know how your appt goes. we're here for you.
write down all your Q's and try to take a friend or family member as support and another set of ears.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
californiafriend (05-11-2011), Dejibo (05-10-2011), Kitty (05-10-2011)