View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 05:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi ceba,

I'm sorry to hear about the surgery and cancer I hope all goes well for you. I didn't have to have a hysterectomy but I had to have surgery done to remove a cyst on my ovarie and the seizures stayed the same. When the time came for me to go through my menopause my seizures increased. I went through my change early while I was in my mid 30's. My Epileptologist told me that women who have temporal lobe epilepsy will go through their change earlier in life and that the seizures can either increase or decrease. He told me to strictly stay away from HRT because that can mess up the body chemistry and trigger more seizures. What I found to help reduce my seizures was taking vitamin B12 once a day and as weird as it sounds eating peanuts or almonds because they have progesterone in them and that's what helps calm the nerves down. Also I was in a study where keeping the brain cooler will reduce if not stop seizures. So if you get any warnings you are going to have seizures take a cold wash cloth and put it on your face and neck by doing this it will calm the neurons down in your brain and stop the seizures. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote