View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 07:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It has helped me to read all of these descriptions, to revisit some of my own neuro symptoms, since I am focused more (too much) on my rare blood diseases these days,
which add to the foot neuropathy very badly.

It seems many of you---almost all of you--have the same acute and occasionally stabbing pain, as well as numbness (how to have both stabbing pain and numbness) that I have. Mine is primarily in my feet. It seems to be a combination of neuropathy and
erythromelalgia, a condition where the microvascular things in the extremities get clogged with too much blood or too sticky blood or too thick blood (doctors seem vague on what this is). If I take Interferon chemotherapy, the feet improve a lot, but the INF
has horrible side effects....absolutely awful.

I also have had loss of balance, but it helps to do Balance PT, which I am again involved in now....PT always provides help for me even where I thought it impossible. My balance
was pretty good most of my life but now it's much less good, so I have to be careful.
Again, I do not know which of my diseases causes the imbalance...maybe all of them.

Spasticity, which a few of you described, is my most characteristic response to a drug or
food which is bad for me--which may be primarily a Porphyria sensitivity rather than MS.
I get very spastic, too, if I don't have enough magnesium and calcium in my diet, and B1
helps too. I got so spastic on one drug, an antibiotic which I forget the name of, that I could not walk around a corner and I lost all color vision.

I had a long period of eye trouble but it is mostly gone now, for many years. things have changed and morphed a lot for me. Like Sally, I have had MS and or the "other thing" for way over 50 years, and I am plumb sick of the whole thing. But I have enough good food (Swank diet) and warm house and occasionally see my grandkids, and have hope in God, so I am ready for the last lap (but wish I didn't have to take it).
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (05-10-2011), Kitty (05-14-2011), SallyC (05-10-2011)