View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 07:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1234 View Post
I have been having major problems, and was about to post something on this. I am on birth control, but am bleeding when I am not supposed to. My obgyn has no idea and wants me to wait it out for a few more days... Heat is the only thing that helps the pain... but I just had my hormones corrected over the past 6 months, and you would think it would be back to normal now. Its frustrating.
I have taken numerous medications that did not help with my bleeding prior to birth control. I would def. get a second opinion on whether you should continue to take the birth control. I only took birth control to stop my bleeding and that was only for a week. It stopped it but then it started up again. I get terrible cramps also. The ones where you cant move. And it lasts the entire cycle. After the birth control I have got back onto a kind of "cycle." I get it for a week, ends for a week, get it again for a week, ends for 2 weeks and starts all over again. But when I do have it, it is very heavy and painful. I really believe these issues are caused by the crps. I was always normal until this happened to me. I have looked and looked for anything related to this subject and cannot find a thing. I knew I couldnt be the only woman experiencing these same kinds of issues. I never bothered to mention this to my gyno because she had no idea what exactly I had. She never heard of it. Good thing I am not shy and was able to mention it to my pain doc. He said he will look into it but I doubt he will find anything. I just do not think these kinds of "symptoms" have been mentioned. I know it is the cause. I never had any issues prior to my surgery. Then nothing but problems after. Is that the same for you? It really upsets me bacause in early 2008, a few months after this I got crps(didnt know I had it at the time) I went to the doc that did the surgery and when my current doc requested all my med records he saw that the Dr. wrote he thought I had CRPS. He never told me! I went years without knowing. Now I may not be able to have a child because of him. If I would have known back then I would have sought help for my issues when things started to change. I just thought it was from stress. My husband and I wanted kids but we wanted to get me "healed" first. Little did we know i am stuck for life with this terrible condition. Actually, my doc said if he would have sent me to someone who knew how to treat CRPS then I most likely would have been cured. Instead he kept it to himself. Makes me mad. I really hope you get better. like I said, I would def. seek another opinion on whether you should keep taking the birth control. It doesnt sound right. I never took it because I am a smoker and blood clots run in my family(lost my dad in 2006 to one) So, i steer clear of it. But my 4 sister all take it and have no problems with it. It could be from the CRPS but I would check it out.
VanessaNicole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hannah1234 (05-11-2011)