View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 07:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown daughter with PCS getting depressed & very down

Morning all,

for anyone who's read my previous threads, my daughter 17 y/o has been diagnosed with PCS and has just recently returned to school after a month long house arrest.

She is in her graduation year and is totally stressed about the amount of work she is behind and the subsequent tests she is needing to take to catch up.

The school/teachers have been awesome but she is not wanting preferential treatment. She doesn't want to just be given the marks so she can graduate and wants to earn them. If she doesn't earn them, she doesn't want to graduate....can you say PERFECTIONIST!

She doesn't like to be the centre of attention (unless its sports related of course) and has been having a hard time when complete strangers come up to her and ask how her head is. The gym teacher is using her as an example but has gotten the facts wrong and that is also making her angry etc.,

She isn't able to remember things she did in grade 10 and pre-cal is a total nightmare for her. She has been working with the teacher during spares and just doesn't get it. In Manitoba, there is a provincial math exam that counts as part of your total mark and the teacher after seeing her after the first day of one on one coaching, realized that there is no way she will pass it and is putting in a medical exemption request.

Last night is the first time she broke down in two months. She has been denying what has happened to her and now its coming to a head and is totally stressed and weepy.

She has stopped taking her meds...t3's and the pill she was supposed to take at night to help her sleep. She said her headaches don't require the t3's and she doesn't want to be a zombie.

HELP!?? she has decided that even if they graduate her, she wants to redo her three courses in a different highschool come September - refuses to go to the one she's in now - too embarrasing.

I'm at a loss - I have no idea how to help other than listen and try and be supportive.

I am ready to lose it here...I'm weepy at times and very down.

She has been basically told by one of the teachers (gym teacher) that they are probably going to graduate her due to her circumstances.

Thanks for listening.

Joan
Wildrose55 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (05-15-2011), Dmom3005 (05-12-2011)