View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Polyneuropathy, Lupus and other autoimmune diseases

Hi - I've had lupus for the last 10 years and have been taking Plaquenil for the same amount of time. In the last 2 years, I have had problems with my balance, "heavy legs", triping over my own feet, vertigo, mood swings, and generally not enjoying life. I've been under the care of a neurologist for 9 months. My diagnosis ws polyneuropathy. My neurologist said the problems were coming from lupus - my rheumatologist said the neuropathy was NOT coming from lupus because I had not had a flareup in 10 years. They both agreed on the following: a surel nerve biopsy and IVig infusion in the hospital for 5 days. The results of the biopsy are not back yet. I just came home from the hospital where I had 5 straight days of IVig (3.5 hours each infusion), a brain MRI and a spinal tap. The MRI showed nothing more than a lot of fillings in my teeth, and the spinal tap results are still out. I can tell you this: I have never felt so good! I am a 67 year old retired female, and I now feel like I did when I was 30 years old....what a great feeling. My husband and I went shopping yesterday which is something I could only do for about 2 hours. We went from store to store for about 5 hours, and my husband had to stop and rest...great feeling. I have a follow-up visit with my neurologist in 4 weeks. I guess he will prescribe maintenance treatments in the future....I certainly hope so. I just wanted to tell everyone about my great IVig experience. Thanks for listening.
abbyrose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
linda_sd02 (05-11-2011)