View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 01:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question New with MRI question

Hi, I am a 44 year old female in the Nashville, TN area. I had a laminectomy on my L4/5 in September 2005 that didn't work. I ended up having L4 to S1 fused with screws and rods in February 2006. I "thought" the discs were replaced with artificial discs but now I am not to sure.

I also had to have surgery on my neck in October 2006. C4 to C7 were replaced with bone graft and fused.

I am still having alot of pain in my neck so an MRI was done. I am having nerve pain in my leg again so he decided to scan my back as well.

On the MRI for my back:

At the L4-L5 level, with artifact from pedicle screws and rods evident. There appears to be a left laminotomy defect at L4. Central interbody prosthesis is suggested.

Endplate degenerative signal changes noted at multiple levels most prondounced at L4-L5. Schmorl's nodes at multiple levels most prominent at L1-L2 evident.

Anyone know what this is?

My neck MRI is totally another post because there are ALOT of things going on there that have me concerned as well but I want to figure out what is causing the new nerve pain in my butt and leg.

Thanks!

Jami
hugg724 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote