View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 02:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default avm

hey, i have an avm aneurysm in my c2/3 it ruptured Dec 28th 2005. i walked into the ER with a massive headach where i collapsed before i could be admitted. At first it paralyzed me from my jaw bone down. I spent 2 weeks in the ICU at UCLA, there i had a laminectomy of c2-6. The avm is inside my spinal cord and there were not able to embolize it. I did rehab in san diego and am home. I had radiation therapy in July to cause the blood vessels to close. the past year and a half have been rough, my husband and i recently got married (AUGUST 2006) he has been so wonderful to me, been my strenght through this ordeal. i was a senior nursing student at the time of my injury, i am back at school finishing up. will have my BSN in may. i am walking again with a cane. still have bladder issues which are frustrating, its hard to have an injury at anytime, and at 23 its really bad. I was planning my wedding, finishing up college, ready for my life to start and then my life got thrown a loop. things are working out but its still tough. a part of me feels guilty for making my husband go through this. he is only 24 and i dont want him to have to deal with a disabled wife at such a young age. he is so amazing and is my rock. i just wish that i could help him.
sorry i kinda rambled but its nice to hear others out there.
ar_helms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote