View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default T minus 12 hours to my favorite weekend of the year.

I am leaving at 6:45 to meet my pastor at Sam's Club to get the food. 9:00 am We meet others at the church to go on our mens retreat.

Every year the women have a retreat where they go to a resort in Scottsdale to get manicures and pedicures and pampered and do girl things.

Every year the guy's go to the mountains to camp/hike (not me) and shoot gun's and bow and arrow's and hold devotionals. IT'S AWESOME!!!!

Since I go to a great church with a very close church family, and my pastor carries a gun along with many of the other men, a large part of this retreat (we call "Men's Assault" is shooting competitions and stuff. I hope to win all of them. That's easy to say since I can't participate in the time trials where ya run from station to station to shoot at a target.

I am leading the devotional tomorrow night around the camp fire. I am doing it on Romans 2. It's a great time to bond with my brothers in Christ. I will report back on Saturday night with photo's on how I/we did.

We are going to a little cabin up north east of Flagstaff. One of the members of the church's family own it. it's a really rustic cabin built by his grandpa. Even the windows are from campers, it was very much pieced together as he had money about 80 years ago. It reminds me of a cabin Jed Clampitt had in the Bev. Hillbillies had before striking oil I will make sure to get a pic of that. We have about 50 people going. I get to sleep in the cabin as I need electricity for my C-Pap machine.

Body has been good lately, did a dose of steroids last week to make sure I could do this. The best part is my dad and his friend made me new targets for my birthday and gave them to me early. No shooting at soda can's and bottles this year. it's REAL targets. that will make this retreat the best ever.

See you all Saturday.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-12-2011), SallyC (05-12-2011)