View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default hello Terry

I am very glad you found neuro talk. I hope that alot of others will respond to the questions you have about your medications, and the number of meds you are taking. I would like to address your situation as if it happened to me.
If the medications didn't help my symptoms, or I felt that I was not sure of the benefit, I would seek another PCP. Anytime a doctor blows you off, when you present with that many troubles, you need a new dr. No doctor should do that when you are suffering. There are alot of people who do take a number of medications and do just fine. It is the quality of life the meds are suppose to help. My best friend has COPD so I can relate a bit. Your Neuropathy in your feet and legs should be address even again, with a neurologist. Have you considered Mayo Clinic? I am truely sorry you are going though so much. It took me three doctors and two neurologists before I found the help, that made my life better. I know it is expensive to go to another town and very inconvienient, but it may be a good solution. Do you have in hand all your medical records? It would help if you could just hand them to him or her. Sleep is an issue I have trouble with too. The stress from all the medical problems does not lead to good sleep. I think if your conditions were in better control, you may sleep alot better. I do take Zanax when I can't sleep. I really wish I had some magic words to sooth your spirit. Just know there are people on this site who do care about others. Please try to be good to yourself, and surround yourself with others who are supportive. As a patient myself, when I was given the bye bye route, I said bye bye to that doctor. You must be your own advocate and find someone who can deal with all of your conditions so that help can be found. Keep asking questions. I wish you all the best Terry, ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote