View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My favorite is the warm water pool, but my ears can't tolerate loud noises and our municipal pool facility is HUGE and full of people. The therapy pool area is awesome, though, its a bummer I can't make use of it. My work schedule also makes it hard for me to get there during the hours the pool is open to the general public.

So instead I am a walker. I still have my feet. My RSD is largely confined to my upper right extremity, my head, and my right leg, although I tend to get symptoms that roam in other places in my body at times, too. In the winter when it was really cold I bundled up well before I went out. And I have friends that I meet with my dog and we all walk together, so its fun. There is always a scheduled time in my neighborhood in the morning before work that the dog walkers meet.

I have a lot of trouble using my arms, in that too much exertion causes excrutiating head pain. I have to be really careful how much I use them.

Walking in the city where I work is difficult because of the noise - there always seems to be something loud going on - construction, buses, beeping horns, etc. It is tortuous!! But I do try to get out at lunch time and head to a quiet nieghborhood for a quick walk as fast as I can when the weather is nice.

I have gone through some bad times with my feet, where they become swollen and painful and numb, especially my right ankle which tends to swell quite a bit. I think that by walking on them all the time I have kept them pretty mobile.

Good luck. You won't know how something works until you try it...

xoxox Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hannah1234 (05-12-2011)