Thread: Our a/c broke!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It's 80 degrees in my bedroom right now. You'd think it'd be cooler in my room, since it's in the basement. Still no a/c repair person yet. I called and again pulled the "MS card" to try to get them out here quicker. Not so much for me, but for my mom who is really really ticked off that our heat pump/air conditioner crapped out so soon after buying it. (she's got a pathological fear/phobia of sweating and being hot. Not sure where she got that from)

I'm not all that surprised that the a/c quit working. Nothing is built to last anymore. Our house is only nine years old. The original a/c that we had, quit working when it hit about 5 or 6yrs old (not sure now what year it was we installed the new one) Old one froze up so bad that you could see ice on the a/c in the basement. Our heat pump must work differently, because we're just getting hot air out of it, and I didnt see any ice crystals on the thing in the basement like the old a/c would do.

My mom keeps bugging me to take her somewhere with air conditioning. I told her I have to stay here just in case the repair guy gets here earlier than scheduled. It's not like we dont have a cool place to go sit. We have a glassed in deck/sunroom that has it's own a/c. Which I turned on. (The door to the deck is open, because she's trying to get the cool air from the deck to come into the rest of the house. I gave up trying to tell her to just sit on the deck and let her keep the door open.)

I have my ceiling fan in my room on full blast, and I have a tower fan that's also on full blast blowing on me right now. I'm kind of comfy with just that. (wet bandana on my wrist is also helping me feel like it's cooler than it is) I just wish my mom would calmly sit and wait for the thing to get fixed, instead of throwing things at me and yelling because she's hot.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote