View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 02:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the info Mike!

Today I had another meeting with my neuro doctor. He concluded that I do have a 'pain syndrome' and calling it CRPS or RSD is the same thing apparently...

He explained that i am not a bad case as i dont have any real damage such as a fracture or nerve damage and recovery will be easier. He has now put me on the following medication:

Lyrica - 150mg x 2 (I have been on it for already 2 weeks now with not much affect)

Amytriptaline - 150mg Night (Just started them two days ago which help me sleep much better)

Muscle Relaxant - 50mg x 3 Daily (Just started today)

He also wants me to start psychological support together with very very light pool PT and massage.

He is also confident that I will be able to get better with the medication, psychological support and slow PT in around 2 - 3 months. Furthermore, he said that time is not an issue for me although I have been 6 months suffering in pain together with increasing symptoms and pain travelling to my arm and other knee.

Although my doctor is not so 'worried' about my case, i still know what RSD entails being a good or bad case. At the end f the day, I still stuck on the chair 90% of the day and hardly able to move

What are your suggestions / opinions on the medication? Is it really possible for it to 'reverse' my RSD and can I have a clean conscious and go back home know that im 'safe' as the medication will only get me better?

I know its difficult for an answer but any advice on the about will really help me that what im doing is the safe thing or if I should look into other treatment at this stage...

Thanks,

Nigel
nigel ep3 05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote