Thread: Our a/c broke!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It's FIXED!! YAAAAY! *happy dance* (if I could dance)

I remember living without air conditioning as a child. It was unbearably hot one summer, and my dad, who had put a window unit in our living room one summer, only to have the thing not work at all, ended up calling a heating/air company and had the whole house set up with a/c and a brand new furnace. Said he'd always wanted a house with central air.

Absolutely LOVED it when they installed that a/c with all the duct work. I think I was about 6yrs old at the time. Now I wont live without air conditioning.

It was about 85 in the house when the guy got here (early! he wasnt supposed to be here till 5pm) and it only took him about a half hour to fix it. Something about a capacitor blowing out. He thought that when it got up to about 98 degrees the other day, the extreme heat that day was what blew the capacitor. Said it was the most common thing on a heat pump/air conditioner to go bad, and that it's usually the problem when you first turn on the a/c in the spring.

Neat thing about it getting fixed, it was still under manufacturer's warranty, and because we have the service contract with the company that came out to fix it, we didnt even have to pay for the service call! So, it didnt cost anything to fix today!

I'm a happy camper (and cooler now than I was an hour ago)

I have to go sit under the a/c vent in my room and cool off. Hope my fingers un-numb themselves once it gets nice and cold in here.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-12-2011)