View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 05:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
Killian dont worry about it , you did nothing wrong. just ignore those posters that rub you the wrong way or who are not happy with the help you tried to give to them. If you look at post #5 on the same thread you will see what you are dealing with.
Echos thank you - I appreciate that. And yes I see.

I guess my thought too is - if something sounds too good to be true it probably is. Although I would like to give the red lights a try sometime, who knows.

If I was going to spend money I think I would want to try to be seen at The Center for Peripheral Neuropathy at the University of Chicago. I do however have a wonderful neurologist at home.

As I mentioned I have PN - just lucky because no reason can be found for it, mine is idiopathic. I don't have any "triggers" as mentioned in that post - my symptoms are constant, I have muscle weakness in my legs from it, it has started in my hands. My main goal is to not let it stop me from doing things - life is too short. I am not diabetic and will admit it is frustrating to always hear about "the heartbreak of diabetic neuropathy". My understanding from an article in the Neurology Now magazine is the percentage of those with PN who are diabetic is small.

I take a very low dose of neurontin because I don't like medication - I also go to acupuncture once a month, at first however it was 2x a week. Imagine my surprise when after 4 or 5 treatments I felt the liquid she was putting on my feet was cold - when I said oh that is cold, she just smiled and said it was supposed to be. So it has given me back some feeling in my feet - it also has helped with the lightening strike pains.

Shouldn't ramble. Thanks again echos.
Killian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote