View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Today's Blessings

I have been blessed:

1. By all of you who participate within this forum, upon these threads, sharing inmost thoughts, needs, cries, joy, aches, laughter, moans, and smiles..... even the occasional bad joke, or one of those "these are the gals moments" which may elicit a from me, nevertheless you are all here and I am blessed.

2. By sharing moments today with my ninety-one [almost 92, just about] friend and his wife, bringing them a blueberry muffin and a cinnamon roll, hence joy because getting out and about anymore is nearly an impossibility for them.

3. By sharing time sitting at hospital bedside with my 86 year old mentor, teacher, and friend holding his hand, letting him know I understand his anger at the situation in which he is bodily trapped, but that the situation itself is the focus of his anger and not his family who are striving so hard to provide loving necessary care for his failing body. THEN to have this man, my mentor, turn tables on me and before we parted admit that I am now his mentor, for through my words meant to gently help him see his family's love and to impart encouragement to him his eyes had been opened. I just pray that he will find it within himself to greet his family members with an open heart next time rather than anger.

4. By placing such huge smiles on one of my doctors and the members of his family, for we have donated our Disney condo to them this year as a means of saying "Thank you, dear friend" for the loving care you have provided to me and my family.

5. By the long long interview yesterday in which I was told I can find a new home in which to work practicing my profession and enabling the ethical, honorable, and just growth of a fledgling enterprise which very much desires what I can bring to the table in times to come. I look forward to being able to begin with them once closure has been achieved in a couple of open matters.

6. By my wife of almost, just about, 38 years, who has stood by my side or my bedside throughout times of good, times of bad, times of health, years of pain and anguish as we sought to restore health, times of wealth, times of wondering would we lose every possession we had owned, ever encouraging as with Jenna's husband. She has been my rock and joy in these past six years along with my faith. When I gaze into her eyes, I see Jesus.

Mark56
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (05-14-2011), Sophie_ (05-12-2011)