View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 09:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Instead of cutting the patch, pinch it so that a portion of it is stuck together and not touching your skin. That's what I used to do when I was tapering down off the patches and it was a pretty effective way of reducing the dose without cutting the patches, which you're not supposed to do.

I was on Fentanyl for about 9-10 months. It made me extremely depressed, I cried all the time, and that was when I wasn't sleeping. I also lost a lot of weight. It was awful... When I started the 10 day ketamine treatments I had already tapered myself down to at least half or less of my original dose, and then I went on Suboxone to get off of the stuff completely. In spite of that, I was still sick from withdrawal for a really long time - I think at least a month. Maybe more. It was the pits!! NEVER AGAIN!! Unless I am dying....!! I swear that stuff is like poison, I would highly recommend you consider other meds before settling on Fentanyl. I am not even certain that it was all that effective on my nerve pain.

Good luck, Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecyn View Post
Doc says this one can be cut?
Im scared while making myself aware. All the literature is scary which makes ME personally scared to change opiods (Opana 4 yrs now) with the med reactions endured the last 12 years in the ER.

Dilauded, Meth and others too strong for me per doc.

Encouragement, being informed; awareness, others thoughts and experiences. Getting feedback from others here in a group a good thing
good or bad i would love to hear your thoughts
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kathy d (05-13-2011)