View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 09:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Night sweats one week in

Hi all, first post here. I suffered a "mild" concussion 6 days ago after hitting the top of my head on a basement ceiling beam. Ouch! My real estate agent took me down to the ER, where an MD said I'd had a mild concussion.

I didn't black out, see stars, or feel like passing out. No bleeding, no real nausea and no vomiting. Mentally I seem to be pretty intact - I don't feel any less "with it" than I did before.

BUT I've been experiencing some dislocation/instability/dizziness, for example, when I first lie down (things seem to settle down after a while) or when I overexert myself - which, at the moment, can come from even a slow 20-minute walk. I have definitely improved over the last five days, but it's been slow going.

I still have a headache, sort of a mild persistent ache below the top of my head - sometimes it recedes, sometimes it seems to change character or location somewhat.

I've also been having mild-to-moderate night sweats every night, with my sheets and/or PJs becoming moist or damp. This was even more noticeable last night, I think because I'd been drinking a lot of water and tea during the day and evening to stay hydrated.

Any suggestions re encouraging the healing process? My sense is that getting a ton of rest is the main thing.
greenfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote