View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I don't go to church anymore, I'm sorry Mom, so I will relate my sisters and my daughters experiences. We live in southwest Indiana and my sister belongs to a Southern Baptist church. When she was diagnosed with a sever type of breast cancer and had numerous surgeries before it was all done. She also has fibromyalgia and has had a knee replacement and a lot of other ortho surgeries. I guess I should also say he is a deacon in the church and she is dierector of the childrens department. So when she has had her surgeries the church totally took care of her and her husband.

OK, now for my daughter. They belong to a very large church in Lexington, Ky. If anyone has any kind of need, whether it be someone to take in your dog while you are gone to providing you a car for a week when yours is in the shop, the church totally takes care of it. They are the most giving church, a total example of what Christ would do.

Now to the church I was going to when I stopped. It also is a Southern Baptist church, they always prided thenselves to be a friendly church. They all knew I had MS and occasionally had to miss church because of it. My husband doesn't attend at all. So it was ashamedly pretty easy to just start staying at home more and more often. No one called me to see how I was, if I was fatigues enought that I needed any help. After about a year they stopped sending me the weekly newsletter. I know I need to get back in church and I know that for many years I loved that church. I and both of our children were married there. They have changed some of their attitudes about dressing up for church and that is one of my problems about going now. I don't have any nice clothes. I'm heavy enough that I do't want to go shopping. I live in jeans. So I know that I can be comfortable there .

well I don't think about you wanted all this when you asked about churches but I guess God wanted me to.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-14-2011), SallyC (05-14-2011)